I know that my last post is wildly ironic for obvious reasons, but let's not make this weird, okay?
So, recently I've been pretending that I'm French by keeping my beauty routine minimal while still looking put together (I'm basically just being lazy, but saying I'm being French is way chicer. Roll with it). I haven't worn foundation in months because I've been using a color correcting cream that has really helped diminish my acne scars and bring out a natural luminosity that just wasn't there before. It also protects from further damage with an SPF of 30!
The star of this look is the Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream. I've been using this for a long time and since I finished my last bottle of the shade Medium, they've added a few more colors, so now I'm Medium-Dark. Sometimes I'll use the Medium in the areas that I would normally put concealer if I don't want to use anything other than the CC cream on my face.
Below, I'll walk you through my 7-10 minute face routine that is fresh and glowy and easy as hell.
This is my face before - I did my eyebrows and threw on a cat-eye so I wouldn't look dead.
All I have on my face is vitamin E oil, which I am obsessed with... it's the best face moisturizer I've ever used ever ever ever. Ever.
- I put on a small amount of Smashbox CC cream in Medium-Dark and buff it in with an Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush.
- I use some Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer under my eyes, on my chin, nose and forehead and blend it in with my fingers.
- Recently I've been using this Nars Laguna Body Illuminator on my cheeks as a bronzer and contour and I blend it in with the same brush I used for the rest of my face. The illuminator I use is limited edition, but the regular Laguna Illuminator works just the same!
- I use the Kevyn Aucoin contour book Volume II to contour my nose and cheeks slightly with this really fluffy brush. I don't like it to look too precise, so I sort of do a half assed job, to be honest.
- I use the same contour book for my cream highlight and then I go over it with the powder version using a tiny fan brush.
This takes me less than ten minutes, which I love. Even if I have to do my brows and put on mascara, it doesn't take long. It's beautiful, light, and I always feel like my face looks more plump afterwards.
I hope you found this helpful. Let me know your techniques - I'm always down to try new shizzzzz.